Trapeze works closely with the Agency For Clinical Innovation (ACI) Transition Care Network to provide comprehensive services to young people with chronic conditions in New South Wales, Australia.
Trapeze is located within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN) and the ACI Transition Care Network provides a state-wide service, based in adult tertiary hospitals.
Trapeze accepts referrals for young people with a chronic condition aged 14-25 years who have received care from The Children’s Hospital at Westmead (CHW) or Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick (SCH).
- 14-25 years old
- Have a chronic condition
- Known to the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Not all young people with chronic conditions require Trapeze support. Those who will benefit most are:
- Young people not adhering to treatment or engaging in health services for eg those who do not attend clinic appointments
- Young people with frequent unplanned hospital admissions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people
- Young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Young people who will require complex transition coordination
- Young people with complex psychosocial issues such as financial hardship, family problems, social isolation, unemployment or school absenteeism
MAKE A REFERRAL TO TRAPEZE
To refer a patient to Trapeze please complete the referral form. In the section 'Reason For Referral' don't forget to provide specific reasons for the transition referral including:
- What are the specific transition issues;
- What are the conditions which require transition; and
- Has the young person been referred to adult services? If so, to whom and where?
You'll receive an email from us confirming your patient's eligibility for the service. We'll work closely with your team to support you in your transition planning for the young person.
MAKE A REFERRAL TO ACI TRANSITION CARE NETWORK
There are three ACI Transition Care Coordinators (TCCs) based in NSW adult tertiary hospitals. They accept referrals for young people with chronic conditions 14-25 years who are not known to SCHN.
Contact a Transition Care Coordinator
Angie Myles, Northern Area Transition Care Coordinator
- Ph: 02 4925 7866
- Mob: 0434 361 202
Louise Charlton, Western Area Transition Care Coordinator
- Ph: 02 8890 7787
- Mob: 0434 568 301
Silvana Techera, South Eastern Area Transition Care Coordinator